In these uncertain times, we wanted t olet you know about what we are doing here at Christ Lutheran Church in regard to your health and safety. We are especially concerned for those at higher risk of serious illness (60+ years old with serious, chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease).
As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to provide for everyone’s wellbeing. We are following the California Department of Public Health recommended guidelines and coordinating best practices for your safety. We are especially mindful of our responsibility to protect the most vulnerable members of our community and our hearts and prayers go out to all those affected by these events including those who are working tirelessly to serve and protect us.
We have also kept in mind that our actions affect others. Best practices, such as washing hands, keeping social distance, and avoiding large-scale crowds to mitigate the effects of COVID-19, will increase the possibility that most cases of the virus would be well within the capacity of our healthcare system to handle. When our healthcare system’s capacity is stretched to its limits, barriers to access fall disproportionately on the poor.
On March 12th, 2020 the California Department of Public Health stated that gatherings of individuals who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should be limited to no more than 10 people and that smaller gatherings held in venues that do not allow social distancing of six feet per person should be postponed or canceled.
Since March 12, 2020 many things have changed; we have developed a vaccine and have been able to return to a “new normal.” Many of the mandates from the onset are unfortunately still in place due to the rise of the new Delta variant, but thankfully, many are not and we can once again gather together under God.
CLC Council has unanimously decided:
- In person services are fully open at both sites, North Beach and Church Sanctuary, with a livestream of services featuring Pastor Juli Patten, pianist Russell Crabtree and singer Kenneth during the 10:30a service. The service can be accessed on the homepage of our website or via facebook or youtube. A worship bulletin will also be sent out to you by email each week. Those attending in-person services must adhere to proper social distancing and PPE protocols. If you are interested in joining in please email email@example.com to be added to our e-mailing list. Please fill out the forms below that are included in the sign-up before attending services, if you do not have access to a printer the forms will be available at the reception table before services for your convenience.
CLC Hold Harmless Agrmnt
CLC Health Questions
4. Cancel gatherings we can’t move online
- Memory Care
- Capistrano Beach Care Center visits
5. Laundry Love and Homeless Bonfire:
- Laundry love is the third Wednesday of the month from 2-5 PM at the Laundry Basket South, 2399 Coast Hwy San Clemente, CA 92672
- Homeless Bonfire is the last Monday of the month at 6 PM at N. Beach San Clemente.
6. 12-Step Meetings
Monday @ 7pm Overeaters Big Book
Thursday @ 7 pm Joy of Sobriety
Friday @ 8 am Women’s Big Book
Sunday @ 7 pm As Bill Sees It
La Cristianita Preschool (LCP)
La Cristianita Preschool is open with modified safety guidelines from the OC Department of Health, Community Care Licensing, and the State of California to ensure your little ones are safe in our care. If you are in need of daycare options for your children ages 18 months to 5 years old please contact:
Leigh Ann Downie-Economy
Preschool Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Phone: 949-496-1405
Preschool FAX: 949-496-2645
We encourage you all to pray during this turbulent time. Also, be mindful of how we can help those who are in greatest need.
We pray to you almighty God, in this time of need. You are our refuge and our strength, a very present help in time of trouble. Do not let us fail in the face of these events. Uphold us with your love, and give us the strength we need. Help us in our confusion, and guide our actions. Heal the hurt, console the bereaved and afflicted, protect the innocent and helpless, and deliver any who are still in peril; for the sake of your great mercy in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen (ELW Pastoral Care, pages 386-387).